This recipe is really simple but absolutely delicious. Its a twist on your normal ham and cheese sandwich, but much more exciting. I used crescent roll dough that I pinched together to form a solid sheet. I hear though, that Pillsbury now has a seamless crescent dough sheet. And as I was pinching seams together I thought, "Gee, that seamless sheet would be really nice right about now." I'd definitely recommend trying out the seamless dough sheet for this recipe because it will make things much easier for you, but I worked with what I had and it turned out fine. I'm willing to bet this would be great at room temperature as well, making it ideal for a picnic or someone's lunch box!
Ham & Cheese Crescent Loaf
1 can (8oz) of crescent dinner rolls or seamless dough sheet
4 (large) slices of ham
4 slices of sliced provolone cheese
1/2C shredded sharp cheddar cheese (2%)
1T italian dressing
2T low fat mayo
Preheat oven to 375
1. Lightly flour your work surface and roll out dough. If using dinner roll dough, press the seams together.
2. Mix together mayo and italian dressing in a small bowl.
3. Spread the dressing mixture over the dough.
4. Lay out ham on dough, followed by sliced provolone and top with shredded cheddar.
5. Roll up the dough jelly roll style, start with the long end.
6. Once you have your roll, pinch the ends together so that all the goodies stay inside.
7. Bake at 375 for 15-20 mins until outside is golden brown.
8. Allow to cool and slice!