Monday, October 11, 2010

Cheesy Ranch Potatoes

Do I really have to sell you on this one? Cheese. Ranch. Potatoes. Oh, and did I mention BACON!? Hey wait, get back here! You can't go to the grocery store yet, I'm not finished! You have to sit through the rest of my witty banter and then you may be excused.

I think I may have created the perfect side dish here. I can't think of anything that wouldn't be complimented by these potatoes. Make them for a crowd though, or you'll eat entirely too many! Like I did while I was cleaning up from dinner and my fork kept making its way back into the dish of potatoes. These were a big hit with the whole family. Even the baby (who isn't really a baby anymore, but I refuse to stop calling her that) had three helpings!

Feel free to change up the cheese if you'd like, cheddar would be great or even a mexican blend. I am a huge fan of monterey jack though and I think its perfect in this dish. If you're wondering what to do with the leftover dry ranch dressing mix after you make these potatoes, save it! You'll be able to use the rest for Crispy Ranch Chicken, which will be posted tomorrow!



Cheesy Ranch Potatoes
21bs potatoes (about 5-6 medium/small potatoes)
1T dry ranch dressing mix
1T olive oil
2C monterey jack cheese
6 slices turkey bacon, cooked and chopped (or pork if you prefer)
sour cream for serving

Directions:
Preheat oven to 450.


Wash potatoes and cut into small pieces. Try to keep them all relatively close to the same size.
Place potatoes in a large bowl and add olive oil and ranch mix. Toss to coat.
Transfer to a 9x13 baking dish (make sure you either oil or spray the dish!)
Sprinkle cheese and bacon on top of the potatoes.
Bake at 450 for 30-40 minutes until potatoes are tender.

4 comments:

  1. This looks great--but WHERE is the one serving cake from a cake mix to have after? It's the answer to a prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. holding out my plate- yes please! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great! It's prefect to make for a crowd of people. Anything with ranch and cheese is always going to be a winner.

    ReplyDelete