Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Crispy Ranch Chicken

As promised yesterday, I am delivering to you Crispy Ranch Chicken! I almost called this "Fried" Ranch Chicken because it truly has that much crunch, but you are all such good people and I'd hate to lie to you. Even though you probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference! Okay there, now that was a lie. Nothing tastes like fried chicken except fried chicken. You and I know this. But this chicken is still pretty damn good, and it won't give you thunder thighs.

My two older kids told me that this was "the best chicken they've ever eaten." Now, being their mother's child and all, they may have inherited a teensy bit of flare for the dramatic. Nonetheless, I still think this endorsement by the Picky Twins speaks pretty highly of the chicken!



Crispy Ranch Chicken
4-6 chicken breasts
1C corn flake crumbs (They sell them now with the breadcrumbs in the store, already crushed if you don't want to crush them yourself. We actually think thats kind of fun in my house though!)
1/4C grated parmesan cheese
1T dry ranch dressing mix (or if you are using the leftover from Cheesy Ranch Potatoes, just pour the rest of the packet in, it will be a little more than 1T, but that will just add extra flavor!)
1 container greek fage yogurt (about 4-5oz)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375
Mix corn flake crumbs, parmesan cheese and ranch mix together in a large shallow dish.
Using a pastry brush, coat both sides of the chicken breast with yogurt.
Dip chicken into corn flake mixture, coating both sides.
Place on a greased baking sheet (or rack if you have one) and bake for 30-40 mins until chicken is cooked inside and crispy outside.

3 comments:

  1. You're delivering it? Oh... I'll go wait downstairs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A thunder thigh free recipe! WOW! :) hehe! Looks delicious- I make a corn flake chicken too! You reminded me that I need to have it again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete