Monday, November 22, 2010

Pumpkin Pie Egg Rolls

Yep, that's right. I said Pumpkin Pie Egg Rolls. One of the reasons Fall is my favorite season is because of the many of ways I get incorporate pumpkin into my cooking. Every year when Fall comes to an end, I pledge to continue making pumpkin-y things all year round because its just silly that something so delicious only gets utilized four months out of the year. Then I, along with the rest of the world put the pumpkin away and forget all about it until Fall comes around again. These little gems have single-handedly convinced me to make sure I have pumpkin in my cabinets all year long!


If you like pumpkin pie, you have to try these. They are like little mini, inside out pumpkin pies! Dunk them in some spiced cool whip and you have a complete pumpkin pie experience without having to make (or eat) a whole pie! I have so much fun reinventing old favorites. How neat would it be to serve these for Thanksgiving dessert instead of pumpkin pie? I'd love to see the looks on everyone's faces!



Pumpkin Pie Egg Rolls

  • 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
  • 4T brown sugar
  • 2T maple syrup
  • 1T pumpkin pie spice, plus 1t
  • 15 packaged egg roll wrappers
  • 1T sugar
  • 1T cinnamon
  • 1C cool whip

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400.
Mix pumpkin, brown sugar, maple syrup and 1T pumpkin pie spice together.
Divide the mixture among the egg roll wrappers and roll up (the package will show instructions).
Place egg rolls on a sprayed baking sheet and lightly coat with cooking spray.
Mix sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle on top of the egg rolls.
Bake for 15 minutes, flipping once. Sprinkle the opposite side with the remaining cinnamon/sugar.
For dip: Mix cool whip and 1t pumpkin pie spice.

1 comment:

  1. WOW this sounds super! I'm printing this when I get home...I'm sure mine won't be as pretty as yours turned out, but I'm sure gonna try! :-)

    ReplyDelete