Friday, November 12, 2010

Brownie Truffle Pie

Finally, a pie recipe on The Pie Hole!


I have to take a deep breath, and a moment to collect myself as I write about this pie. As its creator said best, this is a dessert you would serve Oprah, if Oprah were coming to your house for dinner. I think that pretty much sums up anything I could hope to say about this pie. The name really says it all...it tastes like brownies and truffles...and pie! (For you locals, think Ukrops Fudge Pie.) Since I don't seem to be able to ever follow a recipe as its written, I added a little bit of instant coffee granules to bring out the chocolate flavor. I think next time I'll try some walnuts, they would be a marvelous addition.


Now, I usually pride myself in sharing mostly healthy recipes but every once in a while I like to post a splurge recipe. Today would be "every once in a while," in case you were wondering. I haven't calculated calories on this pie because I don't want to know, and if anyone does please keep it to yourself. If you come back here and tell me I'm going to be forced to...to...I don't know. Do something really mean. And scary. So, just don't.


This rich pie was perfect served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of caramel on top. You all know I'm not a fan of making huge desserts that I'm forced to consume without help, so I made this for guests and they loved it! I took the rest to work and was asked to "make another one of those and bring it in please." This was such an impressive dessert that took almost no effort. I didn't know a pie recipe containing so few ingredients even existed, but you know if its out there and its easy, I'll find it!

Brownie Truffle Pie
  • 1 deep dish pie crust
  • 7 eggs
  • 1 cup cocoa powder (you'll probably want to sift it)
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla
  • My addition: 1t of instant coffee granules (you don't actually taste the coffee flavor, it just makes the chocolate flavor come alive!)
Directions:
Crack the eggs into a large bowl. 
Beat in the cocoa powder, sugar, vanilla and instant coffee until well mixed. 
Pour into pie crust. 
Bake in an oven preheated to 400 degrees for 40-45 minutes, or just until the center of the pie is set.
Cool before serving.

Source: http://redux.com/f/1760165/Brownie-Truffle-Pie-Dessert-So-Good-I-d-Share-it-With-Oprah-The-Family-Kitchen

7 comments:

  1. holy hell.

    and that's all I have to say about that. Now, gimme a fork

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve wants to know if you're bringing the rest of the pie tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its all GONE! But if you get me eggs, pie crust, sugar and cocoa I'll make one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks great!
    I just heard about your blog from FB. I'm following you from HeCooks, iEat at www.lifewiththechambs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is SO my kind of pie. Seriously awesome looking :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, I tried making this for Thanksgiving today and mine came out more like a cake! I don't know what I did wrong!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete