Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Beef Stroganoff

You know you have truly become a food blogger when your family says, "Can we eat dinner yet, or do you still have to take a picture?"


Well, lucky for the family they didn't have to wait too long to dig in to this dinner because I knew there wasn't a chance I was going to get a great photo. Beef stroganoff just isn't very pretty, especially when photographed with my camera. It's a nice little point and shoot camera that does a great job with every day shots, but its just not made for close-up, detailed food photography. One day I will save up enough for my dream camera and blow you guys away with beautiful pictures. Until then, mediocre ones will have to do!


This meal is one I've been making for as long as I can remember. My mom used to make a version of beef stroganoff very similar to this one and it was one of the first things I made on my own. I can't think of a single time I've made this dish and haven't gotten compliments. I don't care what people say about canned soups, this recipe is so good. Its always a huge hit and we rotate it into our dinner plans here about once every other week. If I go too long without making it, the kids start putting in requests! I hope it becomes part of your rotation too!

Beef Stroganoff
  • 16oz egg noodles
  • 1lb lean ground beef (or turkey will work too)
  • 1 large (26oz) can cream of mushroom soup (I used the 98% fat free kind)
  • 16oz container of low fat sour cream
  • 1t Montreal steak seasoning (or you can simply use salt, pepper and garlic powder)
  • 1/4C milk
 Directions:
Cook noodles according to package directions.
Brown beef in a large skillet with Montreal steak seasoning until cooked.
Add soup, sour cream and milk.
Stir until incorporated.
Mix in noodles and serve!

1 comment: