This recipe is versatile in that you can use it as a dip or add some buttermilk to it and thin it out to make the perfect dressing. The secret ingredient is fresh, chopped dill. I know that sounds like a pain in the butt, but its just a little chopping! I normally don't use fresh herbs because I'm lazy when it comes to cooking and with five people in my house, I like things easy. You can substitute dried dill weed in this recipe, but I'm telling you, the fresh dill makes all the difference. I didn't even think I liked dill until I tried it in this dip!
Sorry I couldn't get a better picture for you guys! Its ranch dressing, you know what it looks like, right?
Perfect Ranch Dip/Dressing
- 1 cup light mayo
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1T-2T fresh, chopped dill (Start with 1T and add more to your taste.)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- buttermilk (If you are making dressing, whisk in buttermilk until you reach the desired consistency.)
Mix ingredients and chill!