Friday, November 5, 2010

The Perfect Ranch Dressing

One might say I'm a ranch dressing connoisseur. I have lists (in my head only, not on actual paper, I'm not a crazy person) of restaurants with good ranch dressing and bad ranch dressing. I've tried nearly every brand in the grocery store, and I've made various recipes at home as well. There isn't much that I won't dip in ranch dressing, and when I'm feeling crazy sometimes I'll even throw it on a salad once in a while!


This recipe is versatile in that you can use it as a dip or add some buttermilk to it and thin it out to make the perfect dressing. The secret ingredient is fresh, chopped dill. I know that sounds like a pain in the butt, but its just a little chopping! I normally don't use fresh herbs because I'm lazy when it comes to cooking and with five people in my house, I like things easy. You can substitute dried dill weed in this recipe, but I'm telling you, the fresh dill makes all the difference. I didn't even think I liked dill until I tried it in this dip!


Sorry I couldn't get a better picture for you guys! Its ranch dressing, you know what it looks like, right?


Perfect Ranch Dip/Dressing
  • 1 cup light mayo
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1T-2T fresh, chopped dill (Start with 1T and add more to your taste.)
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • buttermilk (If you are making dressing, whisk in buttermilk until you reach the desired consistency.)
Directions:
Mix ingredients and chill!

4 comments:

  1. Good Southern girls know good ranch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually like the Hidden Valley powdered mix. Maybe I am weird. lol Actually I am more of a blue cheese person but I agree that those pizza bite things would be great in ranch dip! :) YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy, I used to be such a ranch addict..looks tasty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum...love ranch for dipping and for salad! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete