Monday, November 1, 2010

Grilled BBQ Chicken Wraps

Just because its Fall doesn't mean I'm putting my grill away! I love to grill all year round. And when I say "I", I technically mean The Mr....but I'm the mastermind behind the food creations, so I think I still get to take the credit for grilling. Right? Good, I'll take your silence as agreement.


This is one of those whip-up-really-quick-because-you-forgot-to-plan-for-dinner meals. What? You don't have a tab with that label on it in your cookbook? Well, go make one! I'll wait...


These ingredients are all things that I normally have on hand at all times. Chicken, cheese, BBQ sauce, tortilla and lettuce. Surely you guys have all those things, right? And if you don't have a grill, no worries, you can cook your chicken either in a skillet or in the oven and the result will still be delicious!

Grilled BBQ Chicken Wraps
  • 2 chicken breasts
  • 1/2C shredded sharp cheddar cheese
  • 1/4C BBQ sauce
  • 2 large (burrito style) tortillas
  • lettuce
Directions:
Grill chicken breasts until cooked through, occasionally brushing with BBQ sauce. (Or bake/fry)
After chicken is finished, cut into strips.
Heat tortillas in the microwave for 20-30 seconds to make them more pliable.
Assemble chicken, cheese lettuce and an extra drizzle of BBQ sauce in the center of each tortilla.
Roll up burrito style, tucking both ends in.
You can eat this right now and it will be delicious, however if you want to take an extra step you can toast the tortillas.
Heat a skillet on medium and spray with cooking spray.
Place the wrap seam side down in the pan for about 3 minutes and then flip to brown the other side.

6 comments:

  1. This looks really good. I just need to buy some tortillas and I'll be making it. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious and EASY! LOVE IT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shouldn't look at this before eating breakfast. I am ready to skip the cereal and go straight for chicken wraps. I wish that I could make this but the past couple of trips to the grocery store there has been no chicken. Apparently there is a shortage or the people here really love their poultry. Once I get my hands on some chicken breasts I will be making this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vitt - I made this tonight! Perfect! Super simple & yummy. Keep 'em coming girl! :)

    ReplyDelete