Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Stuffed Potatoes

Carbs are often thought to be an extreme no-no when you're trying to lose weight. I have found that by eliminating carbs from my diet that I do drop weight more rapidly, but that I'm also a cranky witch. In addition the minute I eat another carb, I gain back all the weight lost by skipping the carbs in the first place.


The one thing I love the most about Weight Watchers is that nothing is off limits. Absolutely nothing. I ate a piece of 22 point cheesecake the other day and still lost weight for the week! It's all about planning, planning, planning. Since carbs happen to be one of my favorite food groups, I love that I can still lose weight and eat them to my heart's content!


Stuffed Potatoes
Points for this recipe will depend on the weight of your potatoes, weigh them after cooking for accurate ounces!
  • 2 potatoes (points for this recipe will depend on the weight of your potato!)
  • 2T fat free sour cream
  • 2T Brummel and Brown Butter Spread (Or you can use fat free spray butter)
  • 1/2 reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
  • 2t bacon bits
  • salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Cook the potatoes in the microwave until fork tender.
Slice in half and scoop out the insides of the potato, leaving some around the edges.














Mix together potato, sour cream, butter, cheese and salt/pepper using the back of a fork to smash everything together.
Divide the mixture between the potato halves.
Top with bacon bits.
Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until cheese is melted.

1 comment:

  1. YUM...... I'm completely with you! I love me some carbs too!!!!

    Semalee @ Nailing Jello to a Tree

    ReplyDelete