Monday, February 7, 2011

Pizza Chicken

Do you ever look around your kitchen, wondering what's for dinner and then decide to just start throwing things together and see how it turns out? That's how today's recipe was born! I love it when I take random things I have on hand and combine them to make what ends up to be a really delicious meal. It totally validates the domestic goddess in me. Like...I got this, I don't even need a recipe. Who needs recipes?


Well, I guess you guys do actually so you can recreate this dinner! Just an FYI, if you are watching your carbs this would be the perfect recipe for you. I actually whipped this together the week before my wedding when I was trying (and failing miserably) to cut carbs out of my diet for the week. One last ditch effort to be skinny and stunning on my wedding day. Not like I didn't have a year to work on that, nah, I'll just put all my faith into that last week and see if I can drop ten pounds! (By the way, that doesn't work.) This would be excellent topped with mushrooms, sausage, or any other pizza toppings you might have laying around!

Pizza Chicken

chicken breasts
mozzarella cheese, shredded
pepperoni (I used the mini ones, because they're cute.)
garlic salt

Directions:
Season chicken with garlic salt and cook. (I used my Foreman grill but you can do it in the oven, skillet, outdoor grill, whatever you prefer!)
Top with 2-3T shredded cheese and top with pepperoni.
Microwave for 30-45 seconds until cheese is melted.

1 comment:

  1. I used my foreman grill tonight too :D ...
    sadly it was used to grill 4 hot-dogs for me and 2 for A.
    :x
    Her's weren't so bad. Shes not into buns while I on the other hand had 3 buns. At least they were whole wheat. Anyways this gives me an idea. Italian marinaded grilled chicken tomorrow :D

    ReplyDelete