Friday, December 31, 2010

Spaghetti Tacos

This recipe was the request of my nine year old iCarly fan. If you don't know who iCarly is, you clearly don't have a daughter between the ages of six and ten. It's a program on Nickelodeon about a girl named Carly who creates an internet show called (you guessed it) iCarly with her friends. At some point on this show, spaghetti tacos are introduced. Don't ask me how or why, I have no idea, nor do I care to find out.

So, my daughter asks me if we can have spaghetti tacos for dinner one night and my response was, "Well, which do you want? Spaghetti or tacos?" Of course, she then thought I was the most uncool mom on earth for not knowing what spaghetti tacos were. I consider myself fairly adventurous with my families meals, so I decided, what the hell. I know you're thinking this combination sounds beyond strange, and I completely agree. If you can get past the carb overload, you will be shocked to learn that these are actually not as horrible as they sound!
 
 
The best part about this meal is that you can likely squeeze two dinners out of it! I made regular old spaghetti one night and then a couple nights later we reheated it and turned it into spaghetti tacos. I love two meals for the price of one!


Spaghetti Tacos

  • leftover spaghetti
  • taco shells
  • shredded mozzarella

Directions:
There are no exact directions to follow here. All you need to do is fill the taco shells with some spaghetti and top with cheese! Pop them in the oven for a few minutes to melt the cheese.

4 comments:

  1. Already thought you were pretty awesome but this takes you up a few pegs in my book :)

    We watch a lot of iCarly around here too - was aware of the spaghetti taco craze but never dreamed that they would actually be edible. Maybe I'll make some with my nephew sometime - he'll love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these by accident this year. We had a ton of spaghetti leftover and I thought that my ten year old niece would get a kick out of eating spaghetti tacos. When I brought it up to the rest of the family they thought I was nuts but when word got to my niece about what we were having for dinner she was excited because they always eat it on iCarly. Everyone tried them and we concluded they were good but it was funny that my spur of the moment idea was on a T.V show that she watches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait are you saying you combine spaghetti (an AWESOME! ITALIAN food in my book) and tacos (a high props MEXICAN food). Thats almost like ... sacrilegious but I am intrigued :D

    While talking of combining things may I recommend the following ... cube some potatoes, batter some okra and squash then pan fry the 3 together. Se Magnifique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have made those twice in the last month!! my hubby's idea..I thought he was crazy!! hehe..he and the kids loved them!!

    ReplyDelete