Thursday, December 30, 2010

Spaghetti with Meatsauce

I don't think its possible to mess up spaghetti. I've tried, believe me. Any combination of meat, marinara sauce and pasta is pretty much infallible in my book. This is a really, really basic spaghetti that I've been making since the beginning of time. The only "secret" (if there is one) would be the meat I use. Its an italian turkey sausage made by Shadybrook Farms, but I'm sure there are other brands out there that are just as tasty. This has replaced beef in every italian dish I make now. It's delicious! Even skeptical people I've fed it too have conceded to its awesomeness.


If spaghetti sauce is not something you thought you'd ever make from scratch, allow me to convert you. Its so incredibly easy. All you have to do is dump everything in the pot and stir! If I can do this, YOU can do it! Would the recipe even be here if it wasn't practically doable in your sleep?

Spaghetti with Meatsauce

  •  1lb spaghetti noodles
  • 1lb italian turkey sausage
  • 1 can (28oz) crushed tomatoes
  • 1 can (15oz) tomato sauce
  • 1 can (15oz) diced italian style tomatoes
  • red wine (if you have any on hand, throw a splash in for extra flavor, if you don't just leave it out!)
  • 1T tomato paste
  • 2T garlic
  • 1t sugar
  • 1t italian herbs
  • 1.5t crushed red pepper
Directions:
Cook noodles according to package directions.
Brown turkey sausage and garlic (or you can use ground beef) in a large skillet.
Once browned, add all other ingredients and allow to simmer for 20-30 minutes.
Serve sauce over noodles.

2 comments:

  1. Don't you dare open a bottle of wine just to have a "splash" left for your spaghetti sauce! I'm watching you! LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pasta ! nom nom nom!!!
    You CAN NOT!!! go wrong with Pasta.
    Wait I take that back I had a lobster ravioli one time. Big mistake! But normal spaghetti did I mention ... nom nom nom?!
    Probably the only thing I like more than spaghetti is fried okra and fried squash :D

    ReplyDelete