Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Lemon Pepper Tilapia with Wild Rice

This is more of a meal suggestion than an actual recipe. There is something about the marriage of each element and flavor in this dinner that just works. You know how some things just jive? Peanut butter and jelly. Peas and carrots. Wine and cheese. You get the idea.


If you decide to try this meal out, you must promise me that you'll do it exactly as I've posted. Raise your right hand now, and promise.


No, you can't use white rice. Or brown. Or any kind other than long grain and wild rice. You are also forbidden to use any seasoning that's not lemon-pepper. I will allow the substitution of a green vegetable item of your choice. See, I'm not too bossy. You can see I served broccoli (that I toss with garlic salt and butter spray), but this meal is also very good with asparagus or green beans. Enjoy!

Lemon Pepper Tilapia
  •  wild rice (the box kind works just fine at my house!)
  • tilapia fillets
  • lemon pepper seasoning

Directions:
Preheat oven to 450.
Spray a baking sheet with non stick spray (I also line with foil) and lay tilapia on sheet.
Sprinkle with lemon pepper seasoning, turn and season the other side.
Bake for 10-15 minutes and serve with wild rice.

3 comments:

  1. Something weird is happening on my RSS feed. All of your posts show up as posted on 1/1/2010. The only reason this annoys me is that I can't sort by date and the new posts get lost on my rss reader. I might be doing something wrong, let me know if there is something I need to change on my side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm going to make this over the weekend! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!! I do my tilapia with old bay...I'll have to try this!

    ReplyDelete