Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Garlic Cheese Crisps

Every time I think I've created the easiest appetizer on the planet, I go and top myself! Now, that might sound a bit braggy, but its really quite a win-win for both of us...I stay motivated and you get to have a whole repertoire of super easy appetizers! I don't think appetizers get any easier than this unless you open a bag of chips and pour them in a bowl.


 
I have no idea if someone has already done this or not, but I can't bring myself to google it. I'll be heartbroken if I'm not the original mastermind behind this creation. I'll continue living in my bubble, thankyouverymuch. (And don't you dare come back and tell me its been done a bazillion times already.)


 
I opted for a simple sprinkling of garlic salt over the tops of the cheese crisps, but you could experiment with all sorts of different herbs. Italian herbs come to mind first, but perhaps Old Bay, red pepper flakes, or even a mexican blend seasoning. Even if you don't sprinkle anything on top, these are going to be your new favorite snack!


Garlic Cheese Crisps
  • string cheese
  • garlic salt (or other seasoning of choice)
 Directions:
Preheat oven to 400.
Slice the string cheese into 1/4 inch rounds and lay flat on a baking sheet (sprayed with cooking spray).
Bake until cheese is melted and brown around the edges.
Allow to cool on a paper towel.

3 comments:

  1. you are the inventor! ha, cool idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I just made these on the fly, and they were gone in 2 seconds. I used Weight Watchers string cheese. So yummy!

    ReplyDelete