Monday, January 31, 2011

BBQ Chicken Eggrolls

With the Super Bowl right around the corner I thought I might be a good idea to offer up some finger friendly ideas. So, this week will be dedicated to all things appetizers! If you know me or this blog at all you know I'm a huge egg roll fan. I have dozens of egg roll recipes just waiting in the queue, a couple of which will make their debut here on Super Bowl Week!
I've talked before about canned chicken, and I am well aware of people's aversion to it. See BBQ Chicken Nachos for more of my thoughts on canned chicken (and a really awesome recipe that could also be used for your Super Bowl Party!). I only like canned chicken if I'm pairing it with barbecue sauce, don't ask why, it just works. If you want to use shredded chicken breasts for this recipe, be my guest.
These disappeared before I even got to have my second helping. They were so tasty! As with many of my recipes, this is more a method than an exact science with specific measurements. You can make as many or as few as you like. Below I give you the list of ingredients you need for this recipe, but definitely go ahead and double/triple to ensure you have enough for your crowd. Make sure you prepare extra because they will go fast!
BBQ Chicken Egg Rolls
  • 1 can chicken (or cooked, shredded chicken)
  • 1/2C barbecue sauce (you may need more or less, use your judgement. you don't want it too soupy)
  • 2% shredded cheddar cheese
  • egg roll wrappers
  • ranch for dipping
Directions:
Drain and shred chicken.
Mix with BBQ sauce and heat in microwave, stirring to incorporate.
Set up a little assembly line with your chicken mixture, cheese and egg rolls.
Add the chicken first, top with some cheese, and roll up.
Bake at 400 for 15-20 mins, flipping once halfway through to brown on both sides.
Serve with ranch for dipping.

1 comment: