Thursday, January 27, 2011

Roasted Garlic Cauliflower

No one in my house likes cauliflower, except me. I've tried and tried, all kinds of methods, no luck. I thought for sure this would be the recipe to make believers out of my family. Again, no such luck. But please don't let them deter you from trying this recipe, because in my opinion, its one of the best vegetable dishes I've ever made. And really, no one's opinion matters but mine anyway, right?


My two older children actually did have a very small helping of this dish, and claimed it was good, but definitely didn't want seconds. I think maybe they've learned how to oblige me when it comes to taste testing! My husband ate one tiny piece because I forced him to, but he wasn't happy about it. He is a lifelong cauliflower hater though, so I wasn't expecting to convert him. The baby also took a tiny piece, but spit it out. I'm really not helping my case for this recipe am I?


Since no one else wanted it, I ate it. All. The entire head of cauliflower. There are worse things I could eat in entirety, don't look at me like that. It was that delicious! Something magical happens when you roast vegetables, they just get such great flavor. Along with the garlic and parmesan cheese, pure heaven. I hope you'll try it out!

Roasted Garlic Cauliflower
  • 1 head cauliflower
  • 3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
  • cooking spray or olive oil
  • parmesan cheese for sprinkling

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425.
Cut cauliflower into florets and toss with garlic and oil or cooking spray.
Spread evenly on a baking sheet.
Roast for 20-30 minutes until cauliflower is tender.
Remove and sprinkle a healthy helping of parmesan cheese before serving.

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite ways to eat cauliflower, Vitt! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, so simple & I agree roasting and veggies are meant for each other.

    ReplyDelete