I'm telling you guys, bring this to the next pot luck you have at work, and your boss will be putting you up for a promotion the next day. Make them for your boyfriend, and he'll probably propose. I don't care when or why you make them, just make them! Promise.
Hot Ham & Swiss Party Roll
- 1 cup butter (*I cut this amount in half, I refuse to use butter in this quantity for ONE recipe!)
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons spicy mustard
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 24 small dinner rolls
- 24 slices thin slices deli ham
- 24 slices thin slices Swiss cheese
Line two 9 x 13-inch baking pans with non-stick or regular foil.
Prepare marinade: Saute onion in butter over low heat until onion is soft. Add poppy seeds, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and brown sugar. Stir until brown sugar is melted into the sauce. Remove from heat and stir in parsley. Set aside.
Slice the buns in half. Spread bottoms of buns with a thin layer of mayonnaise. Fold ham slices to fit the bottom of each bun. Repeat with Swiss cheese slices, folding to fit buns. Replace bun tops. Place ham and cheese buns into prepared baking pans. Pour marinade evenly over both pans of buns.
Cover tightly with foil. Refrigerate overnight.
Preheat oven to 350°. Bake marinated buns covered for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes.
Makes 24 appetizer sandwiches.