Thursday, January 13, 2011

Taco Soup

I love it when dinner has cooked itself while I'm at work! Isn't that the best? I'm speaking of slow cookers here, in case you hadn't caught on yet. This is a filling and warm meal that's actually good for you too! It's called "soup" but its really more like a chili. It's very thick and hearty. In fact I prefer to just scoop it up with tortilla chips instead of my spoon!

 
In other news, I will be MIA for a little while. I'm getting married on Saturday and then off the Bahamas I go for a week! I'm sorry, but no I cannot take you all with me, my suitcase simply isn't large enough. I will get back to posting the week of January 24th, but until then, stay well and thanks for following!

 

 

 

 
Taco Soup
  • 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken, cut into pieces
  • 1 can kidney beans
  • 1 can navy beans
  • 1 can black beans
  • 1 can corn
  • 1 can diced tomatoes 
  • 1 envelope dry ranch dressing
  • 1 envelope taco seasoning
  • 1 cup of water
Directions:
Do not drain beans, corn or tomatoes
Put all ingredients in crock pot, stir and cook on low 6-10 hours.
If you are going to be cooking the soup for more than 6 hours, add the chicken in for the last 2 hours only, as it can dry out easily.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to you, have fun! Love the pictures here, great & easy soup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont the tortilla chips kill the "good for you" factor? I cant say anything I use fritos corn chips for scooping chili :D

    ugg another person with a captcha!

    ReplyDelete