Tuesday, September 28, 2010

BBQ Chicken Nachos

We make a lot of nachos in our house. There are a couple of males, who shall remain nameless, that love to snack while they watch football, and nachos are the perfect finger food to munch on mindlessly. The possibilities are basically endless when it comes to nachos, but today I'm sharing a non-traditional nachos "recipe", if you can even call it that. I know nachos are more of a "snack" food, but these really are substantial enough to eat for dinner. Want to know how I know? Because I ate them for dinner last night.




This probably isn't the healthiest thing I'll ever post, but it can be a decent if you use 2% cheese. Now, I'm all about easy and fast, so I used canned chicken in this recipe. Let me just say a word about canned chicken because I know a lot of people just read that and went "gross!" I am not canned chicken's biggest fan, but somehow when you add BBQ Sauce to it, it transforms into something magical. No really, it does. Stop looking at me like that. Sometimes we have BBQ Chicken Sandwiches on buns using the same method I used for these nachos, and its really quite good. Of course, if you want to you can use chicken breast that has been cooked and shredded or cubed, thats totally fine...but I'll probably call you names for showing me up. You've been warned.

I am estimating the measurements for this recipe because you can really make as much or as little as you want, and of course if you want more BBQ sauce, add it, etc. If you have extra chicken mixture leftover it keeps for several days in the fridge. Try making a BBQ Quesadilla with the leftovers!


There is also an optional dipping sauce you can use for these, because if you're like me, nachos aren't nachos unless you dip them in something! If this doesn't float your boat you could just use sour cream.

Dipping Sauce

3 parts BBQ sauce (recommend 3-4T)
1 part ranch dressing (recommend 1-2T)

Mix and dip!



BBQ Chicken Nachos

1/2 cup bottled BBQ sauce (I like Sweet Baby Ray's)
Tortilla chips (I use Restaurant Style Tostitos)
Shredded cheddar or mexican blend cheese
1 10oz can of canned chicken


Preheat oven to 400.


1. Spread tortilla chips out on a large baking sheet in a single layer.

2. Drain chicken and flake into a bowl.

3. Stir 1/2C of your favorite bottled BBQ sauce into the chicken.

4. Heat chicken mixture in the microwave for 1 minute at a time, stirring in between until the mixture is incorporated.

5. Evenly distribute chicken mixture among the tortilla chips.

6. Sprinkle cheese on top.

7. Bake at 400 degrees until cheese is melted.

8. Insert into pie hole!

No comments:

Post a Comment