Thursday, March 31, 2011

Creamy Cheesecake

Alright, if you're a dieter look away. Look far, far away. One slice of this cheesecake is over 20 WW points. I told you to look away. This is your last chance!


However, if wish to gorge yourself on the best cheesecake EVER, weclome and continue reading! I was hesistant to try cheesecake again after my flop last year on Valentine's Day when I left out the sugar. Yes, that really happened. No, I don't want to talk about it. I didn't get it completely right again this go around, but I figure that's just incentive to try once more. Third time being the charm and all, and hey, it gives me an excuse to make another cheesecake!


The cheesecake part was divine, heavenly...perfect. The crust was a little soggy because I didn't wrap the springform pan as well as I should have when I put it in the water bath. My springform pans are practically brand new so I didn't think leaking would be an issue. Wrong. It was still very, very edible though! Not to mention gorgeous.


I'm accepting volunteers who would like to come over and finish this off for me so it will quit staring at me. Anyone?


Creamy Cheesecake
 
 2 8-oz. packages cream cheese (NOT low-fat or fat-free), softened
3 eggs
1 c. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. almond extract
3 c. sour cream (NOT low-fat or fat free)
CRUST:
1 1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs
1/3 c. white sugar
6 Tbsp. butter, melted
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375. Combine crust ingredients and very gently pat into the bottom of a 9″ springform pan. Set aside.
Beat the softened cream cheese until smooth then add the eggs, one at a time, until smooth. Add in the sugar, salt, vanilla, and almond extract and beat on high for 3 minutes, scraping the bottom and sides and making sure the mixture is completely smooth. Add the sour cream and mix well. Pour batter into pan and wrap the pan with aluminum foil or a turkey roasting bag. Place the wrapped pan into a larger baking or roasting pan and fill the larger pan with water so it comes up about 3/4 of the side of the springform pan.
Bake for 35 minutes or until filling is custard-like. The center shouldn’t be completely set–it should kind of jiggle like firm Jello, but it shouldn’t be liquidy, either. Just don’t overbake. Turn off the heat and crack the oven and allow to stand for another 20 minutes or so. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 8 hours. DON’T remove springform sides until cake has set for 8 hours. Makes 10-12 (or more!) servings.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! It looks so moist and creamy. We all need to indulge every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. twenty is plenty....but I think worth a slice for a special occasion. Looks so creamy and delish

    ReplyDelete