Monday, December 3, 2012

Mexican Potato Soup

If it were up to me, I'd be perfectly happy eating soup for dinner every night of the week. There is just something comforting about a hot bowl of soup. It's happy place-inducing, and there is nothing that hits the spot quite like it on a cold, winter day. The other reason I'm a big soup fan is because it's one-stop shopping, I love being able to make a whole meal in one pot. Less dishes, less preparation, less clean-up. That makes this mama happy!


This soup recipe started off as one thing, and me being the rebel that I am in the kitchen, spontaneously turned it into something completely different. I have to admit, my creative attempts don't always turn out so well, and sometimes they are flat out disasters (ask me about butternut squash and blue cheese pasta sometime...on second thought, don't). Lucky for me, and now YOU, this soup recipe is a complete keeper! You can probably expect to see many more soup recipes from me before the Winter is over. In the meantime, go whip up a batch of this super easy, 6-ingredient soup!





Mexican Potato Soup

  • 1 lb. lean ground beef
  • 1 tub Philly Cooking Creme, Santa Fe Blend
  • 1 bag frozen southern style hash browns (the square kind)
  • 1 can Rotel
  • 1 lb 2% Velveeta, cubed
  • 32oz. chicken broth
  • 1 packet reduced sodium taco seasoning
  • Optional: Shredded cheese, sour cream, or tortilla chips for garnishing
Directions:

Brown ground beef and add in taco seasoning in a large pot.

Add cubed velveeta, cooking creme, rotel, chicken broth, and hash browns and simmer for 30 minutes or until hash browns are warmed through and the velveeta is melted.







1 comment:

  1. Sounds great I am going to make this for one of our Christmas Soups tonight. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete