Monday, December 31, 2012

Cocktail Weenies

Happy New Year's Eve, friends!

Sorry I've been MIA lately, I've been enjoying some time off with my family, as I hope you all have been able to do as well. Today's post will be short and sweet since I need to leave my beloved internet-land and prep some yummy snacks for our New Year's Eve celebration tonight! In case you were wondering, this year it will consist of a sushi party in our pajamas. Please try to contain your excitement. BUT, I am planning to make a few apps to snack on and go along with our take-out sushi.


Speaking of appetizers, this recipe is one I first had on Thanksgiving Day when we visited my mother-in-law in Utah. It only requires three ingredients and a crock pot, which is my kind of party. Before I leave you, let me also say that I generally really, REALLY dislike mustard, so I wasn't sure about this sauce. However, it is just wonderful, and doesn't taste like mustard at all. I hope you find a way to work these little cocktail weenies into your holiday before we all have to get back to reality!

May 2013 bring you all the happiness you can handle. :)



Cocktail Weenies

Ingredients:

2 packages Lil' Smokies
1 jar currant jelly (right next to the regular old grape jelly)
1 8oz jar of yellow mustard (dijon works nicely too!)

Directions:
Mix jelly and mustard together in crock pot. Turn temperature on high and allow to cook for 15-20 minutes until the jelly is "melted."

Add Lil' Smokies to sauce and simmer for 20 minutes.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment